I'm obsessed with my Instant Pot.
I mean who doesn't need something that helps them save time AND cook healthy and delicious meals with minimal cleanup? Yes...every one does :).
I truly think this device is life changing in the kitchen and that it should be in every household.
I've received a lot of messages for my thoughts about this product so I decided to do an Instant Pot Review for you, and I hope this helps you decide if it's right for you.
For those of you new to this product, the Instant Pot "is an intelligent multi-cooker, capable of completely replacing pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker/porridge maker, sauté/browning pan, steamer, yogurt maker and stockpot warmer. Most importantly, Instant Pot cooks meals faster with less energy while preserving more nutrients." (InstantPot.com)
Here are my reasons why you need this in your home:
1. The Instant Pot is a true one pot solution. The sautee/browning function allows you to sear your meat first for a few minutes which locks in moisture. Then you add in your remaining ingredients and use the pressure cooker function to finish your meal in 5-10 minutes.
The versatility of this device allows you to make a meal really fast (pressure cooker function) or really slow (slow cooker function), but both will save you time and help you on those busy nights that you are working late or running around with your kids to their activities. I was able to donate my slow cooker since I no longer needed it since I have an all-in-one solution.
2. You can have a really great tasting and healthy dinner on the table from start to finish in 20 minutes! A couple of weeks ago I made chicken marsala that tasted amazing and was so easy in minutes. In the past this is definitely not a meal I would think to make on a weeknight, but now I can!
3. The Instant Pot will cook your meat perfectly every single time. I'm the queen of inconsistent chicken because I'm afraid to undercook it but then if I overcook my chicken is tough and rubbery. I've been so impressed with the quality of these meals and feel that it definitely makes me a better cook than I actually am, haha.
4. The Instant Pot helps you cook healthier meals because of the cooking technique and the technology of using the steam. Very little fat is needed (olive oil, coconut oil, etc) but the flavor is still there.
5. Clean up is easier. Since you are using one device for everything you have less pots and pans to clean and that is a beautiful thing.
6. The Instant Pot is affordable. I've seen it available in stores between $80 - $100. I found mine on sale at Walmart for $80 a few months back. You can also use your 20% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon as well!
Mother's Day is coming and this is the perfect gift for yourself :).
As you can see, I really love this product and I use it a few times every week.
I'm confident that the Instant Pot can help you cook healthy meals for you and your family that they will actually like, BUT I know that you still need to meal plan and grocery shop each week as well...which I know can be overwhelming.
That's why I've committed to sharing what we have for dinner each week in my Weekly Dinner Menu Series here on my blog. You an find my latest posts here and here for healthy dinner inspiration. A few of my favorite Instant Pot recipes are there and I hope you enjoy!
*I was not paid or compensated in any way for this Instant Pot review...just love it that much!